Rick Perry vs. the World *
Tracking the 2006 Texas gubernatorial race.
* Now at the new Rick Perry vs World



Friday, December 10, 2004
 
Credibility, South Dakota, "Show me the money!"
Kevin Whited, who I added to the blogroll, writes that "anonymous blogs like Rick Perry vs. The World are going to have to work even harder to be taken seriously," in light of the CBSNews report that Jon Lauck (the Daschle v. Thune blogger) was paid $27,000 by the Thune campaign for consulting. What CBSNews fails to mention is that the Argus Leader reported Lauck's consulting work on the frontpage during the campaign.

I have no problem with Lauck's failure to mention on his blog that he was on the payroll. From it's inception, Daschle v Thune was unabashedly pro-Thune and anti-Argus Leader. Eventually the Thune campaign decided to support Lauck. So what?

I find Kevin's statement -- that I need to "work even harder to be taken seriously" -- hilarious. I started this blog because I wanted to chronicle what I suspect will be a very interesting campaign season. I did so for my own amusement. Folks have linked to me, but I haven't asked for those links. Whether folks take me seriously isn't important to me. But I hope this blog will be a good place to find the latest poll numbers, rumors, and scintillating analysis.

"Show me the money!" If anyone wants to pay me $27,000 to blog, then please see my email address on the right sidebar. We should talk...immediately! Right now I don't know who I'll vote for, because the candidates aren't even certain. I'm pretty open-minded at this point. If someone were to pay me to blog, I'd likely disclose it. But then again, I might not.

I can disclose this: I will always report things as soon as is practicable, and I will always give my honest opinion.



<< Home



Copyright 2005 Perry Vs World.
All rights reserved. Online Event Registration