Rick Perry vs. the World *
Tracking the 2006 Texas gubernatorial race.
* Now at the new Rick Perry vs World



Sunday, January 09, 2005
 
Pro-life perspectives
I received an email from a friend the other day who always votes for pro-life candidates over pro-choice candidates in GOP primaries. Yet he is unsure whether he will vote for Hutchison or Perry.

I'll quote his email:
While Hutchison is pro-choice, abortion is a federal issue, not a state one (though it should be a state issue, of course). If Hutchison is elected governor, then her Senate successor would almost certainly be pro-life. So as long as Hutchison supports the usual state restrictions on abortion, I may vote for her. But on the other hand, I'm not sure I want a Hutchison victory portrayed as a victory for the abortion movement. So I'm undecided at the moment.
I have no idea whether any substantial amount of primary voters consider the implications as thoroughly as my friend.

Still, it was interesting enough to note.



<< Home



Copyright 2005 Perry Vs World.
All rights reserved. Online Event Registration