Rick Perry vs. the World *
Tracking the 2006 Texas gubernatorial race.
* Now at the new Rick Perry vs World



Thursday, March 24, 2005
 
Strayhorn, HB3, and the numbers may not add up
I haven't covered the fact that Comptroller Strayhorn says the numbers don't add up on HB3 (the House tax portion of school finance).

The reason is two-fold.

1. I don't think HB3 is going to resemble what the Senate passes or what becomes law. There'll probably be gambling in there somewhere.

2. I don't think Strayhorn is running for guv. There's almost no way she can win versus Perry and Hutchison. Given that Hutchison is about 95-98% chance to run (my estimations), I assume that Strayhorn will be running for re-election or to the Senate (though I doubt she'd beat Bonilla, Dewhurst and company).



<< Home



Copyright 2005 Perry Vs World.
All rights reserved. Online Event Registration